The Mountain West Center for Regional Studies is an outreach center in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at Utah State University. Through public programs, student scholarships, research and program funding, visiting scholars, and other projects, we strive to enhance the work of the university.
Read more »
News and Announcements
- The Mountain West Center announces the winners of the 2018 Evans Biography Awards for works of biography, autobiography, and memoir published in 2017.
- Evans Biography and Handcart Award winners Laurel Thatcher Ulrich and Rodney Frey were interviewed on UPR's Access Utah program.
- The 2018 Evans Biography Awards will be presented at Utah State as part of the Arrington/Evans Symposium titled "Multiple Perspectives of Faith Traditions in the West" on September 21, 2018, at 10:00 a.m. in the Merrill-Cazier Library, Room 101. Join us for this two-day event on September 20-21.
- Swenson House Groundbreaking Ceremony on Tuesday, September 18, 2018, 1:30 PM at 669 E 500 N, Logan Utah. A reception will follow. Opportunites to participate in the Charter Donor luncheon and Swenson Student Legacy Poetry Contest are available.
- The Evans Biography Awards are changing to a biennial award cycle. Submissions of books published in 2018 & 2019 are now being accepted for the 2020 awards.